Making a Difference Today for a Better Tomorrow
The Marriott on the Falls is the proud recipient of the 3 Green Key rating awarded to a hotel that has taken significant steps to protect the environment, that shows strong environmental programs, best management practices, training programs, and engineering solutions which have benefited the environment and the local community.
For more information visit the Green Key Eco-Rating Program website.
The Marriott on the Falls has participated in Earth Hour, and looks forward to building on last year's success. With the flip of a switch, we'll help raise awareness towards the need to take action on climate change.
Park in the City:
We actively support Niagara Falls’ Park in the City Committee with their efforts in beautifying public spaces and environmental initiatives. We encourage our employees to take part in community activities such as Tree Planting and Clean ups.
New Hires Program:
All new employees are aware of the commitment we’ve made to the environment. Together we continue efforts and training for a better tomorrow.
Marriott on the Falls Environmental Management Committee:
An established committee responsible for implementing policies and procedures and strategies towards a greener environment.
Donations of Goods:
During updates and renovations, the Marriott on the Falls regularly donates items such as furniture and linens to local charities.
The entire hotel is now 100% non-smoking.
Local Region Environmental Alliance:
Niagara Parks, Niagara College and the Niagara Peninsula Conservation Authority formed an environmental alliance dedicated to the promotion of a healthy and sustainable environment. This alliance formalizes the existing partnerships between each organization and recognizes their combined efforts in environmental stewardship and protection. The Alliance has obtained more than $100,000 funding from the Government of Canada’s "Great Lakes Sustainability Fund," to assist with two environmental initiatives aimed at sustaining important ecosystems along the Niagara River corridor.
Moraine Management Plan:
In 1999, Niagara Parks consulted with stakeholders and the public to create a Moraine Management Plan and policies to deal with development pressures from the Fallsview Tourist area overlooking Queen Victoria Park. Management, maintenance and rehabilitation will help limit slope instability, control erosion, increase regeneration and assure safe accessibility to the area. Future works on and adjacent to the moraine will be designed to enhance the aesthetic values and native biological diversity of the treed slope.
- ENERGY STAR® Certified
- Reduced overall waste disposal
- Diverted kitchen waste into compost materials
- Employee paper-saving program
- Retrofits for water consumptions
- Energy consumption programs in place
- Property-wide recycling program including containers, office products, cooking oil, batteries and fluorescent light bulbs
- Environmental purchasing practices such as amenities that are bio-degradable, cruelty free and contain natural ingredients
- Purchase local foods and produce
- Environmentally friendly lighting program
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station
- Limited use of aerosols
- Sustainable transportation options are available to guests wishing to tour the area
- Brand collateral is printed on paper with no less than 30% post waste
- Detailed engineering program for maintenance inspections done regularly
See us on the full list of Green Key Global Hotels