The smell of barbeque in the air is a sure sign of spring, and this May you can experience VQA wines and savoury grilled pairings straight from the barbeque on the Sip & Sizzle Wine Tour in Niagara-on-the-Lake. Sip & Sizzle is an annual spring event where over 20 wineries in Niagara-on-the-Lake offer unique grilled food paired with amazing VQA wines.
Get your fill from the grill from 11am-5pm on:
• May 4, 2018 to May 6, 2018
• May 11, 2018 to May 13, 2018
• May 18, 2018 to May 20, 2018
• May 25, 2018 to May 27, 2018
And if you don’t want to worry about transportation, you can book a Sip & Sizzle Wine Tour with Magnificent Tours, which features an expert wine guide and full transportation to six (possibly seven) participating wineries including Chateau des Charmes, Coyote’s Run, Ravine Vineyard, Strewn Winery, Wayne Gretzky Estates, Pondview Estates Winery, and Riverview Cellars Estate Winery. The tour features hotel pick up, lasts 6 hours, and is $89 + tax for adults.
Some of the mouth-watering wine and food pairings you can find at this year’s Sip & Sizzle event include:
• Chateau des Charmes – 2016 Sauvignon Blanc paired with grilled prawn, shoot and sprout salad and citrus zest emulsion
• The Hare Wine Co. – 2016 Jack Rabbit White paired with grilled Halloumi cheese marinated in a mild & creamy curry sauce on a Naan wedge topped with Niagara peach
• Inniskillin Wines – 2013 Reserve Shiraz Cabernet paired with a grilled chicken tack with chipotle and avocado
• Jackson-Triggs Niagara Estate Winery – 2016 Grand Reserve Riesling paired with beef tataki with soba noodles and scallion in soy citrus dressing
• Ravine Vineyard Estate Winery – 2015 Ravine Cabernet Rosé paired with Rossco’s harissa grilled chicken thigh on a mixed grain salad
• Coyote Run Estate Winery – 2016 Lambert Vineyard Riesling paired with a Chinese pulled pork marinated in secret sauce and stuffed in a seared flatbread and garnished with chopped coriander and capsicums
Gather some friends and head to Niagara-on-the-Lake this spring to discover Niagara’s world-famous wine region with delicious wine and food pairings unlike anywhere else.