Are you planning a winter trip to Niagara Falls? Hotel bookings, list of places to travel in and around Niagara Falls, maps and tourist books are all essential. However, so is packing for a winter in Niagara Falls. There are a few essentially items you’ll need for your vacation.
Packing for the Weather
Niagara Falls can get very cold in winters. The average maximum temperatures during peak winter range from 2 to -0.9 °Celsius while the minimum temperatures fluctuate between -4.5 to -8.2 °Celsius. So even daytime temperatures are low and with the wind blowing, you can really feel the chill. Despite this, winter trips to Niagara can be great fun. Usually, there is moderate snowfall and you can easily walk around as the snowfall doesn’t hinder your progress. The whole place gets transformed into a winter wonderland. There are occasional snowstorms but these are part of winters here.
Below is a complete ‘what to pack list’. This is a full scale list. Don’t be scared off; you can still enjoy a trip to Niagara Falls with only some of these items. But it’s a good idea to bring most. Without further ado, here are some all-important packing tips:
- First, make sure that you pack enough warm clothes. Winter coats, waterproof jackets, long sleeved outfits and trousers are recommended. Try to ensure that all clothing is warm and light. As for a bulky coat, you can wear it while you travel in the plane or car instead of packing it in the suitcase.
- Remember to dress in layers once when you head out. A top or shirt should be your first layer. Avoid cottons. Next should be a layer of fleece in the form of a sweater and finally, wrap yourself in a jacket. Don’t carry too many tops or shirts. Repeat your clothes as they will be covered by a jacket anyway.
- Accessories are very important. So do pack scarves, mufflers, gloves, toques, sunglasses and socks – basically things that will protect your head, face, ears, neck, hands and feet. Leather gloves with fleece covering inside or water-resistant gloves are great for flexibility and protection from the cold.
- Good footwear is recommended. Winter boots are your best bet, as is anything with traction. A good pair of socks also helps to keep your feet warm.
- Skin-care essentials are a must as skin should be kept moisturized. Pack body and face creams and carry a lip balm or moisturizer. Don’t forget your sunscreen.
- Families travelling with children need to ensure that they carry all essentials to protect their child against the winter.
- Once you reach town and decide to go sightseeing, don’t forget to have a cup of tea, coffee or hot chocolate from our on-site Starbucks to help keep you warm before you head out.
There you have it. You’re now are all set to face the winter and have a fun trip to Niagara Falls!
While in Niagara Falls, stay at the 4-star,World Class Hotel: Marriott on the Falls Niagara Falls Hotel .