Lundy's Lane Arch

Lundy's Lane Arch

The Lundy’s Lane historical society will commemorate the 200th anniversary of the Battle of Lundy's Lane with a new, permanent structure; the Lundy's Lane Arch.

The arch, to be designated a National Historic Site, will be officially opened to the public with a ribbon cutting ceremony at 1pm on July 25th, 2014.

This date represents the 200th anniversary of the Battle of Lundy’s Lane. The battle is widely considered the bloodiest fight of the war of 1812, with wounded, killed or missing numbers reaching over 1700 during the one day fight at Lundy's Lane Battlefield.

The historical society has an entire day of events planned:

Commemorating the Battle of Lundy's Lane

July 25th, 2014 will honour the events of the July 25th, 1814.

10am – 5pm:     Niagara Falls History Museum will be offering free admission. (5180 Ferry Street)
10am – 5pm:     Battle Ground Hotel Museum will be offering free admission. (6151 Lundy's Lane)
1:00pm:              Lundy's Lane Arch Unveiling
7:30pm:              Lundy's Lane Historical Society Commemorative Service
8:30pm:              Participants Walk
9:15pm:               Historical Reenactment of the Battle of Lundy's Lane

These events, which takes place on a Friday, are expected to draw professional historians, history fans and reenactors from throughout North America.

When the event concludes the Lundy's Lane Arch will remain, serving as a constant reminder of this great battle that claimed many lives and helped shaped North America.

For additional information on local attractions and events, visit: http://www.marriottonthefalls.com