During Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays this May, the Wineries of Niagara-on-the-Lake are hosting a unique event, dubbed Sip & Sizzle.
The event showcases carefully planned wine and grilled food pairings at 26 wineries in the Niagara-on-the-Lake region.
How it works:
Visitors purchase a touring pass. This pass allows visitors to one VQA wine (made using 100% Ontario-grown grapes) tasting and food pairing at EACH of the 26 member wineries during the event.
An example of food offered at the event:
- Grilled Salmon Tataki, Charred Mushroom Ponzu, Puffed Rice, Cucumber
- Cabernet Franc Smoked Flank Steak, Grilled Marc’s Mushrooms, Charred Tomato Vinaigrette
- Vine Smoked Lake Perch Wrapped in Wild Boar Bacon
- Smoked Balsamic Mennonite Sausage topped with Crisped Parmesan Asparagus Spears
Wine offerings from top NOTL wineries, including:
- Jackson-Triggs Niagara Estate Winery: 2012 Grand Reserve Sauvignon Blanc
- Inniskillin Wines: 2012 Niagara Estate Meritage
Passes are valid from 11am – 5pm on May 2-4, 9-11, 16-18 & 23-25 and are $45 per person. However...
The Marriott Niagara Falls on the Falls is offering a Sip & Sizzle package, with rates starting from $139. The package includes:
$20 off the purchase of two Sip and Sizzle Pairing Passports to 26 Niagara Area Wineries* Regular Price $90
- OR –
$35 off the purchase of two fully guided Sip and Sizzle Tours* including two Sip and Sizzle Pairing Passports and transportation to eight wineries Regular Price $179