The Marriott on the Falls is the proud recipient of the 3 Green Key rating, awarded to hotels that take significant steps to protect the environment.
By implementing a strong environmental program, best management practices, training programs and engineering solutions that benefit the environment and the local community, the Marriott on the Falls, a 100% smoke-free facility, is taking every reasonable measure to mitigate its impact on our environment.
The Marriott on the Falls has been a regular participant in Earth Hour, helping raise awareness of climate change with the flip of a switch. The hotel is also an active supporter of Park in the City committee and its efforts to beautify the city’s public spaces — our employees are encouraged to partake in activities like tree plantings and clean ups.
An established committee at the Marriott on the Falls develops and implements our environmental initiatives, and all new hires are made aware of our commitment to the environment. Ongoing training and education ensures we are building a better tomorrow.
Other environmental initiatives include:
- ENERGY STAR® Certified
- Reduced overall waste disposal
- Diverted kitchen waste into compost materials
- Employee paper-saving program
- Retrofits for water consumptions
- Energy consumption programs in place
- Property-wide recycling program including containers, office products, cooking oil, batteries and fluorescent light bulbs
- Environmental purchasing practices such as amenities that are bio-degradable, cruelty free and contain natural ingredients
- Purchase local foods and produce
- Environmentally friendly lighting program
- Limited use of aerosols
- Sustainable transportation options are available to guests wishing to tour the area
- Brand collateral is printed on paper with no less than 30% post waste
Brought to you by the Marriott on the Falls.