Summer is here, making it the perfect time to book a vacation getaway! Once the destination and itinerary is finalized the next item on a traveler’s agenda is typically what hotel they are going to stay at.
“The hotel you choose can directly affect your vacation, either for the better or worse,” said Anthony Annunziata, Vice-President of Marketing for the Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa and Marriott on the Falls Conference and Convention Centre. “Travellers should ask themselves what amenities they are looking for in a hotel and then research their options before making any decisions.”
Annunziata offers travellers his top five things to look for when booking a hotel this vacation season:
1. Convenient Location – When visiting different cities most travelers don’t want to have to drive everywhere and would rather walk or rely on public transportation. It is important to ensure you book a hotel that is close to all of the destinations you have on your ‘vacation-to-do-list’ so that you can spend more time at your destination instead of travelling to it.
2. Clean, Comfortable and Safe – After a long day of sight-seeing and being on their feet at the end of the day most travelers want to head back to their room, take a hot bath or shower and crawl into bed and relax. If you want to avoid questioning the cleanliness or comfort level a hotel can offer choose a hotel with a recognizable name or one that has been recommended to you by family or friends.
3. Points/Rewards Program – If you are a frequent traveler, especially in North America, make sure you take advantage of hotels that offer points or rewards programs. The points you accumulate from one trip can help pay for your next one!
4. On-site Restaurants – When on vacation travelers tend to enjoy the restaurant experience since they don’t have to worry about cooking. Make sure you choose a hotel that offers a variety of restaurants either on-site or within walking distance so that you can not only enjoy the dining experience, but also have a variety of options so that you don’t get bored of the food by the end of your trip.
5. Price – Make sure you get the best deal possible, but, always remember that the price is typically relative to the amenities that the hotel provides.
Brought to you by the Marriott on the Falls.